How is it possible to be so sad for someone you don’t even know? How is it possitble not to have even really thought about it twice until you realized that you do have something in common with them? How is it possible that all the hurt I tried to burry came creeping back in a matter of seconds? How is it possible to have this horrible feeling all over again?
Let me explain...
About two months ago a boy I was in school with died in a car accident just outside Harrismith. His parents moved their a few years ago. Sad, as he was alone and no one will ever know what happened. Story goes that he had a few drinks, I don’t know and I’m not going to speculate.
His dad and mom are two broken people, their youngest of two passed away in the prime of his life.
I had a advertisement in the Bethal newspaper last week as I need sales reps for our business. I got a CV from Johan Strydom. I looked at his CV and thought this guy is way over qualified, he owns his own business – why does he want a sales rep job? I put the CV in my file as we will start going through it next week to schedule interviews.
My mom emailed me on Monday and told me about a guy that lost his one year old daughter on Saturday. She had a tummy virus. His name is Johan Strydom...
Last night going through some of the CV’s again, I opened the file at his. Harder it could not have hit me between the eyes. He is the guy that lost his precious little daughter this weekend...
I had a strange sensation, time rewinding 2 years... I was in a similar situation, I remember how hard it was, I remember how hurt I was, I remember how broken I was.
That got me thinking about how they were feeling at the moment. First his brother and now his beautiful little girl? I keep thinking about his wife and how she feels right now, and its bothering me. I can’t get them out of my head. What are they feeling now? What are they thinking? How will they get through this? Why did this happen to them? Why do they have to go through this too?
I put all my books away and went to bed, how could I work? I had to take a calming pill to sleep.
Today I will say a little prayer for them. That Jesus will bring them peace, just like He did me. That He will help them and their family through this difficult time.
I “stole” a photo of her on Facebook to show you this beautiful little girl that is now a precious little angel in Heaven, sitting on Jesus lap and looking down on her mommy and daddy.


2 comments:
Mandy its just human to feel the way you do especially after what you have been through personally. Its something you wouldnt wish on your worst enemy. I am now going to deviate from the subject at hand, i just want say you inspire me.
Thanks love!
Post a Comment